Sunday 6 April 2014

Hiversaires Developer Log









Whilst searching online lists for a new, artsy RTS/point and click/adventure game to play on my iPad at the airport, I discovered the textless adventure game, Hiversaires. 


According to the game's website, "Hiversaires is a point-n-click, or "escape" type game created for adventurers who remember games where you had to draw maps to find your way out of a cave. The dark world of Hiversaires features an original Aliceffekt soundtrack to lure you through its entangled corridors." 



I was first attracted to the devlog not out of interest in a behind the scenes look at game development, but instead to see how the process was presented. Although not rich on text, the log is regularly updated (almost daily) with accompanying photographs of high production values. This is something that I would like to start producing for my own blog to make it appear more professional and considered. What's the point in developing quality work if you don't put in a little extra effort to present it properly? 

The photographs provided are very interesting to me because the producer's notebook is so clean and ordered and far from the chaos that I seem to produce. The office shown is also enviously clean. Other artist's work spaces and methods, such as their notebooks, are very fascinating to me. 

More information on Hiversaires can be found here: http://wiki.xxiivv.com/hiversaires 
The game can be downloaded on IOS from the iTunes store for $1.29.

No comments:

Post a Comment